Employer Relations Specialist
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
University Career Services at Southern Illinois University Carbondale invites applications for the position of Employer Relations Specialist. The office of Career Services is an integral part of the university's commitment to expanding support services for all students. Career Services provides career counseling to assist students with selection of academic majors, maintains a database of full-time and part-time employment opportunities, and conducts numerous career events throughout the year to provide opportunities for students to connect with prospective employers.
The Employer Relations Specialist will direct and implement all components and initiatives related to employer relations, recruitment operations, planning on-campus career fairs and other career related events, This position will network with employers, faculty, staff, students, alumni and University administration to promote Career Services programs as well as develop and implement a structured recruitment plan to support both employers and students/alumni in successfully fulfilling career goals. The Employer Relations Specialist will also be responsible for collecting and disseminating graduate employment data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, implement and evaluate the employer relations and recruitment programs necessary to expand internship and employment opportunities for students and alumni through the University's centralized Career Center. Relationships will be developed through direct outreach and collaboration with other campus departments.
- Manage the coordination of career events. Oversee the communication between appropriate campus departments and program participants. Conduct on-going assessment and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such events.
- Maintain relationships with employers to promote career options through cold-calling, site visitations and informational mailings and/or emails with employers locally and nationwide.
- Maintain resume book processes, resume referral, and other methods of presenting students and alumni to employers.
- Advise students on internship/job search strategies, educational and personal goals.
- Attend networking functions as appropriate to develop employer contacts while promoting college objectives.
- Provide opportunities for employers to interview and/or give information to students.
- Collect and disseminate graduate employment information; maintain accurate and up-to-date database statistics.
- Work with employers to develop marketing strategies for employer branding, evaluate and set employer expectations, promote ethical standards such as interviewing protocols and offer/accept lead times.
- Coordinates execution of surveys and assessments to employers on quality of recruiting services provided and utilizes data to improve future offerings.
- Collaborate with Career Development Coordinator, Career Specialists, and faculty/staff to increase employment opportunities for all students and alumni including but not limited to underserved populations and graduate students.
- Supervise graduate assistant(s) assigned to assist with employer relations and career events.
- Contribute to the Career Services Annual Report through collecting proper metrics and reporting activities and outcomes of Employer Relations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, communications, public relations, marketing, or closely related field.
- Two (2) years of professional work experience related to recruiting, human resources, marketing, sales, career advising, and/or career services.
- Master's degree in Human Resource Management, Workforce Education, College Student Counseling, Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in university career services, recruiting, staffing, human resources or business development.
- Demonstrated effective communications skills (interpersonal, written and verbal); ability to communicate with varied audiences; experience giving presentations.
- Strong project and event management skills; strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relationship management databases, such as eRecruiting or NACELink.
- High proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint along with demonstrated in-depth experience using LinkedIn and other professional social networking sites.
- Experience supervising student workers and/or graduate assistants in a university setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of the student career development process and experience working with diverse populations.
Application Deadline: Application review will begin on July 19, 2013, and continue until the position is filled.
Application Procedure: Please submit a letter of application outlining qualifications, a detailed resume outlining related work experience; and the names, telephone numbers, and postal and e-mail addresses for three (3) professional references to:
Employer Relations Specialist Search Committee
c/o Career Services
Mail Code 4703
Woody Hall B204
900 South Normal
Carbondale, IL 62901
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity employer that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged
will receive consideration.